Along with proteins, peptides have an increasingly important role in new drug development. Challenges in peptide formulation are, amongst others, short in-vivo half-life because of rapid enzymatic degradation.
InnoCore’s sustained release technologies are capable of releasing peptides structurally intact over a period of time, ranging from days to several weeks.
The top ten benefits of our sustained release technologies for peptides:
- Several formulation possibilities, including microspheres, gels, coatings and implants
- High encapsulation efficiency (in average higher than 80%)
- Protection from environmental influences, like proteases
- Release in a controlled manner by diffusion which can be tuned by variation of the SynBiosys® or InGell® building blocks ratio resulting in limited or no burst
- Protection from increased temperature (during processing and storage
- Loadings varying from 20-50% (depending on size and solubility)
- Multi-block polymeric architectures that offers endless possibilities for fine tuning of properties
- Optimal control over the physico-chemical and degradation characteristics: for our biodegradable polymers, a rule of thumb for 1-month sustained delivery formulation, the polymers will be cleared in not more than two months.
- Protection from high shear forces during processing
- No accumulation of acidic degradation products, allowing peptides to remain structurally intact
Read more about our technologies SynBiosys and Ingell here.Go back to Compounds