Senior Scientist Formulation & Process Development
As a Senior Scientist Formulation & Process Development you are responsible for the development of complex parenteral sustained release formulations using InnoCore’s SynBiosys® and InGell® biodegradable polymer platforms. You are responsible for developing formulations, and/or its manufacturing process, to enable delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients in a dosage form suitable for pre-clinical or clinical studies. In this position, you are responsible for leading the formulation development, from feasibility through to clinical supply projects. To succeed with all this, you combine your formulation experience with a good quality mindset for the finished product.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) autonomously set up, plan, execute, and coordinate manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products and interpret the results. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore's clients. This will involve a close collaboration with scientists and technicians in- and outside the department. You report to the Manager Operations.
In your role as a Senior Scientist you:
- Take the lead in the development of formulations and associated manufacturing processes through all stages of the project: feasibility, scale-up, and transfer to GMP manufacturing.
- Provide technical expertise and scientific input on formulation and process development strategies.
- Coordinate the manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products for which you are the point of contact for troubleshooting.
- Set up scientific study designs in accordance with the client proposal and interpret, report and present the results in an accurate, comprehensive way.
- Keep clients informed and up-to-date on the progress of the project and respond and follow-up on clients’ questions and requests
- Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians, Engineers and Scientists of different departments in cross-functional teams led by a Project Manager.
- Ensure, together with other members of the project teams, that the designed products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the Target Product Profile set with the client.
- Take the lead in exploring new experimental techniques to support the development of formulations and manufacturing processes.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment and coordinate/execute installation, qualification, calibration and/or maintenance activities.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having a MSc or PhD degree in (polymer) chemistry, chemical engineering, (bio)pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, or at least 5 years in a similar role, you:
- Have hands-on experience in the development of polymer based parenteral formulations for the sustained release of small molecules and/or biologics.
- Can work in both an R&D and GMP environment.
- Have the ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems and identify the key issues including establishing and evaluating alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have a drive to get things done with a strong client focus and you consistently seek ways to improve performance.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectation and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
What InnoCore Pharmaceuticals offers
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Wilma Steeman (Manager Operations) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to email@example.com.Go back to Careers