Principal Scientist Formulation & Process development
As a principal scientist formulation & process development (FPD) you develop appropriate formulation and process strategies to support the development of complex parenteral sustained release formulations in compliance with the Quality Management System and GMP standards. You will contribute to the department's efforts towards effective collaboration with internal stakeholders, building strategic external partnerships, and develop, identify, and recruit new and innovative technologies to solve complex problems. You will mentor and coach colleagues to further their understanding of the used formulation and manufacturing processes. You report to the Manager Operations.
As a principal scientist you:
- Take the lead in the development of formulations and associated manufacturing processes through all stages of the project: feasibility, scale-up, and transfer to cGMP manufacturing.
- Define the formulation & process development strategy to support polymer and formulation development based on current and future clients.
- Assure quality and consistency during manufacturing.
- Serve as subject matter expert and represent the Formulation & Process Department in cross-functional teams.
- Expand and stay up to date with current technologies and trends in sustained release product(s).
- Advance formulation and process science by identifying, selecting, and implementing new technologies.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment and coordinate/execute it´s qualification.
- Create a learning environment by mentoring staff in their experiments and by expanding their technical/theoretical knowledge and experience.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having a MSc or PhD degree in science or engineering on a relevant discipline, e.g. Pharmaceutical Sciences or Chemical engineering, and at least 8-10 (PhD) or 12 (MSc) years’ experience of relevant industry experience, you:
- Have extensive hands-on experience in the development of polymer based parenteral sustained release formulations.
- Have proven industry experience from a highly regulated GMP manufacturing facility, either from the Pharmaceutical or similarly industry.
- Can work in both an R&D and GMP environment.
- Have the ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems and identify the key issues including establishing and evaluating alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution
- Have the ability to stay up-to-date with latest developments, market trends, and best practices and to propose solutions.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have the ability to convince others by sound advocacy and inquiry.
- Have a drive to get things done with a strong client focus and you consistently seek ways to improve performance.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Foster an environment that will encourage professional and personal growth and the transfer of knowledge to future talent.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectation and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
What InnoCore Pharmaceuticals offers
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Wilma Steeman (Manager Operations) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Note: Acquisition to this vacancy is not appreciatedGo back to Careers