Injectable, biodegradable microspheres form a successful system for parenteral drug delivery.
Relying on micro-encapsulation process technologies developed in-house and through technology partnerships, InnoCore is capable of producing injectable microsphere formulations with controlled particle size (typically 20-50 micron) that are suitable for sustained release of active components from a few weeks up to over 6 months. The InnoCore micro-encapsulation processes have proven their success with a variety of pharmaceutical compounds, such as antibiotic drugs, hormones, antibodies and peptides like LHRH-agonists.
As to create next generation drug delivery microsphere products with competitive features and improved patient compliance, InnoCore has established strategic R&D collaborations focused on micro-encapsulation process technology for the manufacturing of monodisperse microspheres, microspheres with improved protein stability and continuous manufacturing processes to replace the commercially less viable batch-wise micro-encapsulation processes.
InnoCore’s capabilities in development and manufacturing of microsphere formulations include:
- Monodispersed microspheres and full control over particle size with smooth injectability
- Biodegradable and proven safe polymers
- Initial burst control
- Suitable for a variety of compounds, including proteins, peptides and small molecules
- Full control over release profile by diffusion, zero order kinetics
- High encapsulation efficiency (> 85%)
- High loadings (up to 50%)
- Continuous manufacturing process
- Early phase development, upscaling and GMP manufacturing in house
- Strong patent position in polymer composition as well as processing
Read more about InnoCore’s patented SynBiosys® technology here.