Sustained release technology for systemic and site-specific parenteral drug delivery
SynBiosys® is a sustained release technology using several monomers to form a biodegradable polymer matrix in which APIs can be entrapped. When brought in an aqueous environment, the polymers swell and gradually release the APIs by diffusion. Release time can be regulated from days up to several months.
SynBiosys®’ flexibility allows for multiple administration forms covering local as well as systemic drug delivery. The polymers are compatible with state-of-the-art depot formulation technologies, like microspheres, microrods, microparticles and nanoparticles. The technology is also suitable for coating of implants, like coronary stents and other vascular devices.
Compounds and indications
SynBiosys® is suitable for a variety of compounds, such as small molecules, peptides and especially proteins. The technology can be tailored to the compounds’ requirements by carefully composing the ratio of the different monomers.
SynBiosys® is currently used for products in the field of Diabetes, Ophthalmology, CNS, Oncology, Cardiovascular diseases and Infectious diseases.
Features and benefits
- Suitable for a large variety of compounds
- Scalable technology
- Easily adjustable to specific requirements
- Well-known, clinically proven safe monomers
- Control over physico-chemical and degradation characteristics
- Biodegradable technology
- No accumulation of acidic degradation products
- Drug integrity and bioactivity is preserved by low temperature processing
- Absolute control over particle size
- Patented technology