Technician Formulation and Process development
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the City of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for the development of complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused center of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 35 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies. Due to the success of our innovations we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a
Technician Formulation and Process Development
As a Technician Formulation & Process Development you are responsible for manufacturing of complex parenteral sustained release formulations from pre-formulation studies to process scale-up and transfer to GMP production. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) autonomously setting up, planning and manufacturing of R&D, animal trial material (ATM) and clinical trial material (CTM) batches. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore´s customers. You report to the Department Manager Formulation & Process Development.
As a Technician Formulation and Process Development you:
- Plan and execute the experimental work related to the development of parenteral sustained release formulations, including production of batches for animal and clinical studies, and interpret, report and present the results in an accurate, comprehensive way.
- Support the Scientists Formulation & Process Development in formulation research and development of robust formulations and well-scalable processes.
- Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians and Scientists of different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager.
- Ensure - together with other members of the project teams - that the manufactured products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the Target Product Profile set with the customer.
- Independently operate process equipment according to written procedures.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and processes and initiate corrective actions.
- Take the lead in selection, purchase, installation and qualification activities (IQ/OQ/PQ) of equipment.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Profile and background
In addition to having a BSc degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, you:
- Have at least 1 year relevant work experience in formulation and/or process development. More experienced candidates are also highly encouraged to apply.
- Have good knowledge of polymer chemistry and formulation science, preferably in preparing microspheres, gels and/or working with extruders.
- Embrace teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Take ownership and are self-organized.
- Are driven by results and you have a strong customer focus.
- Have a technical mind-set and hands-on mentality.
- Are eager to continuously improve products and processes. You recognize opportunities, recommend changes, and work them towards results.
- Are self-aware, self-critical and open to give/receive feedback in a respectful and transparent way.
- Are eager to grow by challenging your own limits of knowledge and experience.
- Have strong affinity with quality at work and strong awareness of company procedures and GMP/GLP guidelines.
- Have a strong power of analysis, illustrated by the ability to quickly recognize the core issues, trends and risks.
- Can effectively transfer knowledge to others. You have strong reporting and verbal communication skills and are proficient in English.
- Show a strong ‘I care mentality’ by taking on responsibility and showing accountability for HSE risks towards yourself, colleagues and third parties.
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We believe in providing a collaborative, creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Corien Oosterling (Office Manager) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go back to Careers