Technician Formulation & Process Development (Senior)
As a Senior Technician Formulation & Process Development you are responsible for the manufacturing of complex parenteral sustained release formulations using InnoCore’s SynBiosys® and InGell® biodegradable polymer platforms. In addition, you are responsible for designing and developing formulations, and/or its manufacturing process, to enable delivery of active pharmaceutical ingredients in a dosage form suitable for pre-clinical or clinical studies under supervision of a Formulation Scientist and/or Process Engineer.
Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) autonomously set up, plan, execute, and coordinate manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products to support analytical method-, formulation-, process-, and polymer development work and interpret the results. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore´s clients and you ensure timely delivery of formulation results and documentation. You are responsible for providing technical expertise and scientific input on formulation development strategies to support decision making. You report to the Manager Operations and Quality Control.
As a Senior Technician Formulation & Process Development you:
- Plan and execute manufacturing of R&D, GLP and GMP products according to the scientific study design and you interpret, report and present the results in an accurate, comprehensive way.
- Design and develop formulations and well-scalable processes under supervision of the Formulation Scientist and/or Process Engineer.
- Work together and effectively collaborate with technicians, engineers and scientists of the different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a project manager.
- Ensure, together with other members of the project teams, that the manufactured products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the target product profile set with the client.
- Support the Formulation Scientist and/or Process Engineer in exploring new experimental techniques to support the development of formulations and manufacturing processes.
- Perform troubleshooting on equipment and processes and initiate corrective actions.
- Assist the Formulation Scientist and Process Engineer with the selection and evaluation of new equipment and execute the installation, qualification, calibration and/or maintenance activities.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Skills and competencies
In addition to having a BSc degree in (polymer) chemistry, chemical engineering, (bio)pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, you have at least 5 years of formulation development experience, preferably obtained in a GMP environment, and you:
- Have good knowledge of (polymer) chemistry and formulation science.
- Can work in both and R&D and GMP environment.
- Have the ability to analyse situations, diagnose problems and identify the key issues including establishing and evaluating alternative courses of action and produce a logical, practical and acceptable solution.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have a drive to get things done and you efficiently and accurately perform and interpret experiments.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectation and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
What InnoCore Pharmaceuticals offers
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Wilma Steeman (Manager Operations and Quality Control) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Go back to Careers