Scientist Polymer R&D and Manufacturing
Scientist Polymer R&D and Manufacturing (1.0 FTE)
As a Scientist Polymer R&D and Manufacturing you are responsible for the Research & Development of InnoCore’s proprietary polymer platforms for various sustained release drug delivery applications. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) the further expansion of InnoCore’s expertise on polymer structure-property relationships and polymer characterization. You translate sustained release formulation design input parameters into novel polymer compositions. Furthermore, you will support InnoCore’s polymer IP strategy/patent portfolio in close collaboration with the Chief Technology Officer (CTO). You work on several projects in parallel and you report to the Operations Manager.
As a Scientist Polymer R&D and Manufacturing you:
- Take the lead in the identification, initiation, planning and execution of polymer R&D projects for the continuous improvement and expansion of InnoCore’s biodegradable polymer platforms, synthesis processes and characterization methods.
- Translate sustained release formulation design input parameters into novel polymer compositions and ensure the polymers are synthesized and meet the specifications.
- Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians and Scientist from different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager.
- Act as the key liaison with InnoCore’s customers and development partners with respect to polymer-related items (research, synthesis and characterization).
- Actively participate in optimization, automation, scale-up and validation of polymer manufacturing processes.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Profile and background
In addition to having an MSc or PhD degree in polymer chemistry or a related discipline, you:
- Are an expert in polymer characterization and polymer structure-property relationships preferably with demonstrated experience in medical/pharmaceutical polymer synthesis, process scale-up and manufacturing.
- Embrace teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Take ownership and are self-organized.
- Are driven by results and have a strong customer focus.
- Have a technical mind-set and hands-on mentality.
- Have a creative and curious attitude and are eager to continuously improve products and processes. You recognize opportunities, recommend changes, and work them towards results.
- Are self-aware and self-critical and open to receive/give feedback in a respectful and transparent way.
- Are eager to grow by challenging your own limits of knowledge and experience.
- Have a strong affinity with quality at work and strong awareness of company procedures and GMP/GLP guidelines.
- Have a strong power of analysis, illustrated by the ability to quickly recognize the core issues, trends and risks.
- Can effectively transfer knowledge to others. You have strong reporting and verbal communication skills and are proficient in English.
- Show a strong ‘I care mentality’ by taking on responsibility and showing accountability for HSE risks towards yourself, colleagues and third parties.
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We believe in providing a collaborative, creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Corien Oosterling (Office Manager) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Go back to Careers