Scientist Formulation and Process Development
InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the City of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for the development of complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused center of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 35 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies. Due to the success of our innovations we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a
Scientist Formulation and Process Development
As a Scientist Formulation & Process Development you are responsible for the development of complex parenteral sustained release formulations from pre-formulation studies to process scale-up and transfer to GMP production. Your responsibilities include (but are not limited to) designing, planning, executing and coordinating formulation research and development of robust formulations and well-scalable processes. You work on several projects in parallel as part of multiple project teams and in close collaboration with InnoCore’s customers. You report to the Department Manager Formulation & Process Development.
As a Scientist Formulation & Process Development you:
- Take the lead in formulation R&D, resulting in well-scalable formulation processes that can be transferred to GMP manufacturing.
- Design, plan and coordinate the manufacturing of R&D, animal trial material (ATM), and clinical trial material (CTM) batches.
- Set up scientific study designs in accordance with the customer proposal and interpret, report and present results in an accurate and comprehensive way.
- Work together and effectively collaborate with Technicians, Engineers and Scientists of different departments in cross-functional project teams led by a Project Manager.
- Ensure - together with other members of the project teams - that the designed products meet their specifications and are in accordance with the Target Product Profile set with the customer.
- Keep yourself and the team up to date with the latest scientific developments and proactively explore new technology platforms for complex parenteral formulations.
- Select, evaluate, and make recommendations for new equipment and coordinate/execute qualification, calibration and/or maintenance.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with company procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Profile and background
In addition to having a MSc or PhD degree in chemistry, chemical engineering, pharmaceutical sciences or a related discipline, or at least 5 years experience in a similar role, you:
- Are an expert and have at least 3 years of demonstrated experience in polymer structure-property relationships, development of sustained release parenteral drug delivery products and development of complex peptide/protein formulations.
- Embrace teamwork and cross-functional collaboration.
- Take ownership and are self-organized.
- Are driven by results and have a strong customer focus.
- Have a technical mind-set and hands-on mentality.
- Have a creative and curious attitude and are eager to continuously improve products and processes. You recognize opportunities, recommend changes, and work them towards results.
- Self-aware and self-critical and open to receive/give feedback in a respectful and transparent way.
- Are eager to grow by challenging your own limits of knowledge and experience.
- Have a strong affinity with quality at work and strong awareness of company procedures and GMP/GLP guidelines.
- Have a strong power of analysis, illustrated by the ability to quickly recognize the core issues, trends and risks.
- Can effectively transfer knowledge to others. You have strong reporting and verbal communication skills and are proficient in English.
- Show a strong ‘I care mentality’ by taking on responsibility and showing accountability for HSE risks towards yourself, colleagues and third parties.
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We believe in providing a collaborative, creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning, and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Corien Oosterling (Office Manager) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your CV and motivation letter to email@example.com
Go back to Careers