As a project manager you are responsible for the design, execution and reporting of commercial and internal R&D projects with the aim to develop novel sustained release drug delivery products, utilizing InnoCore’s proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies. In close collaboration with the customer and a cross-functional team of experts from InnoCore’s operational departments (Polymer R&D, Formulation & Process Development and Analytical Development & Quality Control), the project manager ensures product development according to the target product profile and project execution on time and within budget. In addition, the project manager is pro-active in trying to generate follow-up projects and new projects and actively supports Business Development in the acquisition of new projects. You report to the chief executive officer.
As a Project Manager you:
- Design and write project plans with realistic timelines and deliverables in close collaboration with the customer, business development, chief technology officer, program managers, and the manager operations & quality control ensuring allocation of sufficient project resources (staff, equipment, facilities).
- Actively support business development in the acquisition of new commercial projects.
- Execute projects by ensuring product development according to the target product profile set with the costumer, on time and within budget.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams in parallel and ensure optimal communication within the project-teams through regular meetings.
- Provide technical support and coaching to team members to ensure state of art execution of projects.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all costumer communication.
- Identify projects risks, manage deviations in timelines/budget through development of efficient mitigation strategies and pro-actively inform key stake holders about project progress and challenges at governance meetings.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with operational procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
- Proactively initiate, propose and discuss with the Project Manager’s customer opportunities for follow-up projects and new projects.
Profile and background
In addition to having a MSc or PhD degree in chemistry/polymer chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences or technology or a related discipline, or at least 5 years experience in a similar role, you:
- Have broad scientific knowledge, gained through at least 3 years of relevant experience, on pharmaceutical product and process development, in the field of sustained release formulations, as well as knowledge about the pharmaceutical business environment, regulatory landscape and IP/licensing.
- Are able to set directions, embrace cross-functional collaboration, inspire and delegate to ensure all project team members are clear on their individual contributions to the project deliverables and are encouraged to take their own decisions.
- Are continuously exploring customer needs and driving effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Have strong insight and affinity with cost control factors. You have excellent planning skills and are eager to execute projects on time and within budget and to deliver products that meet the target product profile.
- Can generate creative ideas by thinking outside the box and convert ideas to experiments while applying analytical skills.
- Have the ability to transfer results or solutions effectively and inspiring to others in writing or verbally.
- Have a drive to get things done with a strong client focus and you consistently seek ways to improve performance.
- Look for opportunities to develop your skills and add some new ones.
- Have the ability to develop a broad big-picture view of InnoCore and its mission and you can link strategic objectives to work priorities.
- Continuously explore and meet client needs, manage client expectation and drive effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Johan Zuidema (program manager) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your curriculum vitae and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.Go back to Careers