InnoCore Pharmaceuticals is a biopharmaceutical drug delivery company located in the City of Groningen. We are the partner of choice for the development of complex injectable drug delivery products with improved therapeutic efficacy and fewer side effects. We are recognized as a customer-focused center of excellence with an unsurpassed drive to provide solutions for our rapidly growing international client base of pharmaceutical companies. Our multi-disciplinary team of around 35 experts is specialized in the development of microparticle-, gel- and implant-based injectable sustained release formulations for the treatment of a variety of chronic diseases. In addition to our highly versatile portfolio of proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies and an extensive track record in pharmaceutical development, we offer cGMP manufacturing of clinical supplies. Due to the success of our innovations we need to expand our team and we currently have a job opening for a
As a Project Manager you are responsible for the design, execution and reporting of commercial and internal R&D projects with the aim to develop novel sustained release drug delivery products, utilizing InnoCore’s proprietary biodegradable polymeric drug delivery technologies. In close collaboration with the customer and a cross-functional team of experts from InnoCore’s operational departments (Polymer R&D, Formulation & Process Development and Analytical Development & Quality Control), the Project Manager ensures product development according to the target product profile and project execution on time and within budget. In addition, the Project Manager actively supports Business Development in the acquisition of new projects.
As a Project Manager you:
- Design and write project plans with realistic timelines and deliverables in close collaboration with the customer, Business Development, Chief Technology Officer, Program Managers and Department Managers ensuring allocation of sufficient project resources (staff, equipment, facilities).
- Actively support Business Development in the acquisition of new commercial projects.
- Execute projects by ensuring product development according to the target product profile set with the costumer, on time and within budget.
- Lead multiple cross-functional teams in parallel and ensure optimal communication within the project-teams through regular meetings.
- Provide technical support and coaching to team members to ensure state of art execution of projects.
- Serve as the first point of contact for all costumer communication.
- Identify projects risks, manage deviations in timelines/budget through development of efficient mitigation strategies and pro-actively inform key stake holders about project progress and challenges at governance meetings.
- Identify, design and ensure compliance with operational procedures and actively contribute to operational excellence initiatives.
Profile and background
In addition to having a MSc or PhD degree in chemistry/polymer chemistry, biotechnology, pharmaceutical sciences or technology or a related discipline, or at least 5 years experience in a similar role, you:
- Have broad scientific knowledge, gained through at least 3 years of relevant experience, on pharmaceutical product and process development, preferably in the field sustained release formulations, as well as knowledge about the pharmaceutical business environment, regulatory landscape and IP/licensing.
- Are able to set directions, embrace cross-functional collaboration, inspire and delegate to ensure all project team members are clear on their individual contributions to the project deliverables and are encouraged to take their own decisions.
- Are continuously exploring customer needs and driving effective relationships inside and outside the organization.
- Have a creative and curious attitude, eager to continuously improve products and processes.
- Have strong insight and affinity with cost control factors. You have excellent planning skills and are eager to execute projects on time and within budget and to deliver products that meet the target product profile.
- Are proficient in English and you have strong verbal communication (authentic, respectful and transparent), reporting and presentation skills and a strong ability to convince others by sound advocacy of own professional expertise and inquiry.
- Have a strong affinity with quality at work and strong awareness of company procedures as well as GMP/GLP guidelines.
- Show a strong ‘I care mentality’ by taking on responsibility and showing accountability for HSE risks towards him/herself, colleagues and third parties.
We offer a challenging position in a modern and well equipped laboratory where you will become part of a young and ambitious team of co-workers. Remuneration will be according to standards in the pharmaceutical industry. At InnoCore we are committed to offer the best possible environment for our employees, where people are challenged and supported to further develop themselves. We provide a collaborative and creative environment where each member of the team feels encouraged to contribute to our processes, decisions, planning and culture.
Further information and how to apply
For more information please contact Corien Oosterling (Office Manager) at +31 (0)50 575 3100. You can email your CV and motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Go back to Careers