InnoCore has a patented injectable drug delivery gel technology, allowing release of active pharmaceutical ingredients from a soft, localized drug depot.
Drug depot products are formed using water-borne, bioabsorbable polymers, which can simply be mixed with drug compounds or other therapeutic actives. Upon injection into soft tissues, the polymers rapidly form a soft, macroscopic depot, which physically entraps the actives. The gel depots safely disappear at the same rate as the release of the drugs.
Thin needles and catheters can deliver the low viscous liquids in many different locations such as eyes, brain, joints, muscles and in other organs. Depot formation is instantaneous, while slow release of the drugs coincides with the progressing outside-in dissolution (erosion) of the depot.
The release rate can be tuned to specific therapeutic applications by adjusting the molecular structure of the polymers used. The polymers are all based on well-known and safe-to-use building blocks for application in humans and animals. No organic solvents are part of the final product, simplifying registration, allowing combinations with sensitive biologicals, and overall greatly de-risking product development.
InnoCore’s capabilities in development and manufacturing of drug delivery gels include:
- Delivery of biological and synthetic drugs
- Suitable for even the most sensitive tissue sites
- Well-known and safe-to-use biodegradable polymers
- Full control over release rate
- High drug loading capacities (15-20%)
- Early phase development, upscaling and GMP manufacturing in house
- No pH-drop during dissolution
- Autoclavable for easy sterilization
- Easy processing by mixing solutions and therefore easy scalable
- No organic solvents needed during formulation
Read more about InnoCore’s patented InGell® technology here.Go back to Administration forms